- 3 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 12″ flour tortilla
- 1 oz. coarsely grated sharp yellow cheddar cheese (about ⅓ cup)
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves and tender stems
- Hot sauce and sour cream (for serving; optional)
- Whisk eggs and a large pinch of salt in a medium bowl until very smooth and a little frothy, about 30 seconds.
- Melt butter in a 10″ nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add eggs and cook undisturbed until almost completely set but still a little runny 2–3 minutes. The idea is to cook them into a flat, round shape about the same size as the tortilla.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast tortilla over a medium-low flame, turning often with tongs, until warmed and lightly browned in some places, 5–10 seconds (or, toast in a large, dry skillet over medium-high heat until warmed and lightly browned in some places, about 1 minute per side). Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Turn eggs with a rubber spatula, then slide out of skillet onto tortilla.
- Sprinkle cheese over eggs. Top with avocado and cilantro, leaving a 1″ border around the edges. Add a few dashes of hot sauce and dollop sour cream over, if using. Fold sides of tortilla over filling, then roll up to enclose. Wrap burrito in foil and let sit so cheese can steam and melt, about 3 minutes. Slice in half, if desired.
Recipe by Yekaterina Boytsova
Visit our friends at bonappetit.com