Crispy Mushrooms and Kale Recipe
- 6 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 oz. maitake mushrooms, broken into large pieces
- 4 oz. shiitake mushrooms, cut into ½” slices
- Kosher salt
- 1 14.5-oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- 2 garlic cloves, divided
- 4 scallions, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, center ribs and stems removed, leaves torn
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high until shimmering. Add maitake and shiitake mushrooms and cook, tossing occasionally, until browned and crispy, 8–10 minutes. Season with salt and transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile, purée beans, lime juice, 3 Tbsp. oil, 1 garlic clove (if it’s a large one, you may want to just use half), and 3 Tbsp. water in a blender until smooth, adding more water by the tablespoonful as needed to loosen if it doesn’t want to cooperate in blender. Season with salt.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet over medium-high. Add scallions and remaining garlic clove and cook, tossing, until just beginning to brown, about 1 minute. Add kale and cook, tossing often, until wilted and crisp-tender, 3–5 minutes. Season with salt. Transfer to plate with mushrooms.
- Divide bean purée between bowls. Top with greens, feta, mushrooms, sesame seeds, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges alongside.
Recipe by Chris MoroccoReviews