- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 10 graham crackers
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. kosher salt. divided
- ¾ cup chilled heavy cream
- 5 limes, divided
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 Tbsp. tequila blanco
Measuring Spoons, Measuring Cups, Small Saucepan, Food Processor, Pie PanWhisk, Medium Bowl, Chef’s Knife, Sieve, Glass Measuring Cup, Spoon, Microplane.
Hide All Images
- Melt 6 Tbsp. butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Let cool slightly.
- Crumble 10 graham crackers into the bowl of a food processor. Add 3 Tbsp. sugar, ¼ tsp. salt, and melted butter to bowl and process until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Transfer graham cracker mixture to a shallow 9″ pie pan. Using a measuring cup, press firmly into bottom and up sides of dish. Freeze 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk ¾ cup heavy cream in a medium bowl until cream begins to thicken to the point you see ripples and stiff peaks begin to form, 3–5 minutes.
- Cut 4 limes in half and juice into a fine-mesh sieve set over a glass measuring cup (you should have about ½ cup juice). Pour lime juice into another medium bowl and whisk in 14 oz. condensed milk, 3 Tbsp. tequila, and remaining ¼ tsp. salt until smooth.
- Fold half of whipped cream into lime juice mixture, carefully folding under and over while turning the bowl. Add remaining whipped cream and continue to fold until no streaks remain.
- Remove pie pan from freezer and pour in filling. Using the back of a spoon, gently spread filling to edge of crust.
- Using a microplane, zest half of the remaining lime over pie.
- Freeze pie at least 8 hours, or preferably overnight.
Recipe by Andy Baraghani