Sesame Caesar Salad
- 2 oil-packed anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1 lemon, halved
- 3 Tbsp. tahini
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. grapeseed, sunflower, or vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp. finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 4 heads of Little Gem lettuce or 2 romaine hearts, trimmed, leaves separated
- 1 Asian pear, halved, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Mound anchovies and garlic on a cutting board. Using the side of a chef’s knife, mash together until a smooth paste forms.
- Transfer paste to a large bowl and squeeze in juice from 1 lemon half (about 2 Tbsp.). Whisk in tahini, mustard, and 2 Tbsp. water. Gradually whisk in oil until dressing is thick and glossy. Whisk in 3 Tbsp. Parmesan; season with salt and pepper.
- Add lettuce, tearing any large leaves, to bowl with dressing, along with pear slices. Season with salt and toss until leaves are coated.
- Transfer salad to a platter and top with more Parmesan and sesame seeds. Finely grate zest of remaining lemon half over.
Recipe by Andy BaraghaniReviews Section