- 6 10” English-style bone-in beef short ribs (about 10 lb.)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup coarse fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup grated peeled horseradish or 2 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 lemons, halved
- Season short ribs generously with salt and pepper; place in a large roasting pan and chill, uncovered, 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Toast breadcrumbs on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing halfway through, until golden brown, 8–10 minutes. Let cool.
- Add 1 cup water to roasting pan. Cover pan with foil and cook until meat is tender, 2½–3 hours. Uncover pan and increase oven temperature to 400°. Roast until ribs are browned on top, 25–30 minutes longer.
- When short ribs are almost done, mix garlic, parsley, horseradish, lemon zest and juice, breadcrumbs, and 2 Tbsp. oil in a small bowl; season gremolata with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook lemons, cut side down, until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Top short ribs with gremolata and serve with seared lemons.
Recipe by Travis Lett of Gjelina in Venice CA, Photos by Michael Graydon Nikole HerriottHide Nutritional ContentCalories (kcal) 570 Fat (g) 34 Saturated Fat (g) 13 Cholesterol (mg) 165 Carbohydrates (g) 7 Dietary Fiber (g) 2 Total Sugars (g) 2 Protein (g) 55 Sodium (mg) 210