When people ask about our natural beauty products, we realize that they’re actually asking about safe beauty products. One of the best resources to measure safety of skincare ingredients is EWG Skin Deep. You can look up any ingredient and see if it is an irritant or even a potential carcinogen. But remember, not all natural ingredients are safe. Case in point, poison ivy may be natural but doesn’t mean it’s good for our skin.
When it comes to safe cosmetics, Aromatica is the gold standard. They are the only skincare brand in Korea to receive the EWG Skindeep Champion status. They were the pioneer in ensuring every single ingredient in their formulation rated at a 0-2 on a scale of 0-10 (10 being pretty toxic for us and 0-2 being totally safe) in their whole product lineup. A lot of their ingredients are sourced carefully and are usually natural and organic. They’re vegan and cruelty-free. And best of all, it’s not a crunchy, granola brand that doesn’t do much than sit on the surface of the skin. Their cutting edge lab ensures that the products are safely formulated – but most importantly, deliver visible and effective results. And to boot, they make sure everything smells and feels amazing. Here, are our top 5 Aromatica picks.
1. Natural Coconut Cleansing Oil: This silky formula dissolves makeup and gets EVERYTHING off gently. While some cleansing oils feel heavy, this one doesn’t leave any greasy film behind making it great for all skin types. A hint of lavender keeps things fresh and provides a little aromatherapy, to boot.
2. Damask Rose Soothing Gel: It feels like aloe vera except it’s pink and made of roses! Rose water is the base and it soothes, hydrates and nourishes – perfect for oily skin or summer.
3. Calendula Juicy Cream: Looking for a cream that really moisturizes well but doesn’t ever irritate at all? That cream you know will always get the job done with no skin-fuss even when you’re sunburned or just got a treatment or have plain ‘ol sensitive skin? Look no further than this lightweight, priming moisturizer that’s safe enough to be used on babies.
4. Tea Tree Balancing Foam Cleanser: one of the best acne cleansers we’ve seen out there. It’s not drying at all and the addition of tea trea helps reduce acne. Read the reviews to believe the hype.
5. Rose Absolute First Serum: This bottle is anti-aging magic- completely organic and totally safe – yet, you get noticeable, stunning results. Naturally scented with actual rose petals, this hydrates, nourishes, fights free radicals, plumps, brightens and firms. It really does all that and the results are noticeable.
Let us know below which Aromatica products you love!