- 3 Fresno chiles, coarsely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable or grapeseed oil, divided
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, plus more
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 cups basil leaves (about 1 bunch)
- Lime wedges (for serving)
- Blend chiles, garlic, sugar, fish sauce, 3 Tbsp. oil, and 1 tsp. salt in a blender until smooth. Transfer marinade to a medium bowl and add shrimp; toss to coat. Let sit 10 minutes.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Just when oil begins to smoke and working in batches if needed, add shrimp mixture and cook, turning once, until lightly charred around the edges, about 1 minute per side. Remove pan from heat. Add basil and toss vigorously until basil is wilted.
- Transfer shrimp mixture to a platter. Serve with lime wedges alongside.
Recipe by Andy BaraghaniReviews Section
Visit our friends at bonappetit.com